You may have heard about the European Union ban on mercury amalgam for dental work in children and teenagers younger than 16, and for mothers who are pregnant or nursing. this month.
If you are one of the billions who have mercury amalgam in your teeth, and you are concerned about potential health problems, or you are experiencing a health crisis that could be related to mercury toxicity, ask your MD or your ND for their opinion.
If you are seeking a dentist to remove the mercury amalgam from your teeth, it's very important to choose the right dentist -- the best dentist that you can find; one with the right training, experience and technology.
It’s far better to have mercury amalgams removed properly the first time by a good dentist and be done with it. It’s your responsibility to find a good dentist. It’s not that hard, if you know what you’re looking for.
Consumers of dental services need to know what to ask for. It’s up to each individual to ask for the right mercury removal protocols and equipment, before you get in a dentist’s chair. If you know how to find the right practitioner with the best experience, protocols and technology, you’ll be smiling for a long time.
Have the questions below prepared when you are interviewing by phone or in person.
Questions to Ask to Find a Good Dentist for Mercury Amalgam Removal
1. Does the dentist have specific training in the treatment you are looking for?
2. What recent courses, workshops or trainings has the dentist completed?
3. When were they taken?
4. Can the dentist email you his or her CV?
5. Does the dentist practice mercury-free dentistry?
6. Does the dentist remove mercury amalgam fillings with an approved safety protocol? If so, what safety protocol does she or he use to protect you, the dentist, staff and the environment from exposure to mercury vapor?
7. Is a nasal oxygen mask used?
8. A dental dam?
9. Does the office have an elephant vacuum and a ventilation system?
10. Do the dentist and hygienist wear safety masks?
11. Does the dentist use ozone?
12. Does the dentist have no-drilling options for cavity treatment, such as air abrasion and dental ozone therapy?
13. Does the dentist use biomimetic dental materials, such as zirconia?
14. Does the dentist use bio-compatibility testing for dental materials?
15. Can the dentist refer you to patients to talk to by phone or email who were treated for mercury amalgam removal?
If we can put a man on the moon, we can find you a good dentist. Use the directory tools provided by trusted organizations that support good dentistry. Word-of-mouth recommendations are only as good as the dentists being referred. If you get a referral, follow-up with your own research.
DIRECTORIES TO HELP YOU FIND A GOOD DENTIST
Mercury Free Now (MFN) (click “layperson info” for directory)
SPECIAL: In celebration of the European Union Ban of Mercury Amalgam for Teens and Children under age 16 and Mothers who are either pregnant or nursing, Systemic Dentist is offering 15% off Mercury Amalgam removal in July 2018. Call us at 888-338-6336 to get scheduled or click here for a free appointment to get all your questions answered about mercury amalgam removal.
Ask us if you have any questions in comments below!
This blog post includes excerpts from "The Good Dentist," Dr. Panahpour's book on advances in holistic, biological dental choices, and their connection to better health and healing.